It's clear to me that OneAgent routing has HA by design between the differents Env. AG. but I cannot find answers for the following questions regarding AG.
I've the following scenarios for AG use and I need some clarification:
1. Can I disable Oneagent Routing on Env AG 1 and Env AG 2? (Via Dynatrace)
2. There is a way to see which Hosts are connected to which AG?
3. If I have the AWS module Enabled on Env. AG 3,4,5. Do I have true HA or I need to do something else? Can I turn off 3 for maintenance without losing conectivity to AWS.
4. Do the different operating systems have restrictions regarding the modules? (Win, Linux, etc)
5. Can I use Env. AG 1 & 2 as only one Private Internal Location? One Name. Can I turn off 2 or 1 and still have connectivity for the synthetics?
6. Same 5, but Managed Env with Cluster AG to External Synthetic. (One Name for the Location True HA)
7. Can I use weight routing for OneAgent Traffic. ie 5 80% Traffic - 4 10% - 3 10% and If I turn off 5, 3 and 4 equals load.
8. Can I turn off AG 4 and VMware still works or do I need to do some work before?
9. If i turn off 5 can i force another AG or is done also in a round-robin basis. Can I force to go straight to SaaS?
For anyone who take the time for reading all of this Thanks!
For anyone who takes care answering at least one of the Questions Special Thanks!
For anyone who takes care answering at least two or more of the Questions Many Thanks!
For anyone who can answer all of the Questions Many Many Thanks! You're a Dynatrace God.
Solved! Go to Solution.
1. No. It's possible but not supported.
2. With 1.194 we will introduce network zones. Within a network zones you will be able to see the connected OneAgents. Thx @Karl A. - 20 RP for you 🙂
4. Yes. Only synthetic differs. See: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/synthetic-monitoring/private-synthetic-l...
7. No. I will be able to configure an alternative AG if primary becomes unavailable.
8. should work, same as with AWS or any other module.
9. If you AG becomes unavailable, OA will try automatically to go directly to SaaS or any other AG that is available. With new feature you will be able to customize that.
Thanks @Radoslaw S. 🙂
My comment on 9) This is the current bahavior. With the introduction of network zones you could thinking about creating 3 zones:
Then the traffic would stay local.
We will provide the possibility of adding alternative zones. Then, if you update Env AG 3, 4 or 5 the OneAgent traffic will use the alternative zones during the update time and switch back automatically.