I noticed after migrating my ActiveGate from 1.215 to 1.225 that they are now displayed in the ActiveGate list with their IP address instead of their usual name (FQDN). Am I the only one having this issue ?
This is really not easy to manage.
Is there anything to configure to change this behavior ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I had an issue like this - might be related. On my Linux AGs, I had an entry in the hosts file referencing 127.0.0.1 to the hostname. Once I removed that entry (and possibly rebooted the AG, can't remember) it switched back to FQDN in Dynatrace.
I'm going to see if our Admin can try this fix. We have had the same problem for 6+ months. Asked or Guardian and they couldn't figure it either. It occurred when we created a new server (switch to a different Linux OS flavor). We killed the old machine then built a new one with the same hostname. It instead switch to IP and haven't been able to fix it since. We tried many different solutions.
Will post back once we try this. Hopefully this fix works because our next step is to just destroy it and build a new machine with a new hostname.
Had the same problem with Windows AG.
After altering the 127.0.0.1 entry in hosts to the desired name and reboot the windows, nothing change i.e. from dynatrace UI the name didn't changed, only after restart of the AG service, the name also changed in dynatrace UI.
Hi @Yosi_Neuman thanks, mine sorted themselves out in the meantime, without any interference from my side. There was a version update since my first post, so perhaps something was fixed between versions.