cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need the compatibility matrix for installing Managed Server Node

rangapriyas
Newcomer

Hi Support,

I would like to install a Managed on -prem server in an Unix based environment.

Could you please share the requirements specifications for a host to install the managed server?

Is it possible to use a SunOS 5.10 (Generic_150400-52 sun4v sparc sun4v) server for installing the managed server node on?

If yes, could you please share the memory and CPU specs for the same in order to evaluate the possibility for using the application host itself as the managed server node.

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Rangapriya.

8 REPLIES 8

muthukumar_peri
Advisor

Hi Rangapriya,

I recommend you to reach your Dynatrace Guardian or sales team who can help you with capacity planning. Meanwhile you can refer below link which will give you an idea,

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/get-started...

If you are referring to AppMon, follow below link,

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/insta...

Hope this helps!

Regards

Muthu

rangapriyas
Newcomer

Hi Muthukumar,

Thanks for the prompt response. I have already checked the link provided and observe some ambiguities in the information provided. In one of the lists it says only about Linux OS systems being eligible for being a managed node server.

I would like to have some clarity on this compatibility of the OS before I decide with the capacity planning of the environment as this project is still in the POC stage.

So would appreciate your help on the compatibility context.

Thanks,

Rangapriya

To be clear, which product you are referring to? Dynatrace or AppMon?

Dynatrace. One Agent Managed.

Hi Rangapriya,

From the documentation, as you said, I couldn't see any support for Dynatrace Managed server support on SunOS. As I mentioned earlier, request you to reach sales team so they can help you.

In my case we are using RHEL distribution, so really can't comment on SunOS, sorry.

Hope someone here in the forum can suggest.

Regards

Muthu

Hi Muthu,

Yes the same is confirmed by Radoslaw as well. I think I should now work on introducing a Linux system in their system for using DT. Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Rangapriya.

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

SunOS is not supported. Only Linux systems with distributions listed in documentation.

Technical Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

rangapriyas
Newcomer

Thanks for the response Radoslaw.