cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New filtering capabilities in v170

vladislav_samoy
Inactive

Hi

Just read the post regarding new filtering capabilities and realised that filtering by request attributes is missing. Is there any chance to bring it back?

21 REPLIES 21

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

There may be no request attributes on list if they are not configured on this environment. I don't think they erased it 🙂

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Hope so, cause it heavily used by my customers

I use that too. Some filters are presented only when they have data so I'm calm about this topic 🙂

Regards, Sebastian

Some of our SaaS envs have just been upgraded to 1.170 and it seems this filtering option has been phased out.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Yes, I see that too. it’s shame but I think this is because you can save such filtering as dashlat. With request attributes you would never now what elements will show up (it’s related to configuration of request attribute which sometimes is available and sometimes not.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

I think , it is removed totally from Filter list. we also had Request attribute and using that to differentiate requests from different tenants. but it is not possible. if they say go to charts then why they want us to go to charts while we could easily sort by request attribute anywhere we want

gagandeep_sohal
Dynatrace Advocate
Dynatrace Advocate

In this release you filter by request attribute by going to diagnostic tools > top web requests.

That's something different. Too bad this filter has gone. It was very useful.

@Gagandeep S.

I agree that the transfer of this filter is very bad.

Are there options not to remove this filter?

It is not clear why it is removed

MAkimov
Mentor

And one more question

It's not entirely clear why they removed the display of graphs from the transactions and hosts section. This feature was very useful, it is a pity to lose

@Wolfgang B. Could you please tell us it will final version ?

as an option to add similar new filtering capabilities to Custom chart section

wolfgang_beer
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Request attributes have not been removed as such of course. Its just that they are not supported as service list filter.

Will they be supported in the next releases?

@Wolfgang B. any update on this? Any plans to bring it back? Or are there any workarounds? (Tagging the services is not an option since request attribute cannot be used as a tag filter).

@Wolfgang B.

I would also like to know if charts and search strings will be returned.

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I'm definitely missing the option to filter the service list by request attributes as well.

Are there any plans to bring this back as a filter option?

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

For now, if you still want to filter your services by request attributes you can still get the old service dashboard by removing the new from the URL:

xxx.dynatrace-managed.com/e/{TENANT ID}/#newservices

Probably won't work forever though 😉

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

this workaround is not working in saas 172 anymore

Alanata a.s.

You are right, tested it on managed it's still working there but not with SaaS 172 😕

wolfgang_beer
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

We did collect all your feedback on the new service and host lists and we plan to do follow up improvements that I described at the end of my blog post here:

https://www.dynatrace.com/news/blog/new-filtering-capabilities-for-large-service-lists-in-your-monit...

Best regards,

Wolfgang

Thank you for information.

What about search bar? Do you have any plans about it or it died?

Featured Posts