cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting expected data using Dynatrace add-on for Splunk

ajkinetic
Visitor

I setup a Mobile iOS Application on Dynatrace, created an access token with all scopes. 

 

Then I setup the Dynatrace add-on for Splunk using my account + access token. I also setup all 3 Inputs (Entities, problems and timeseries metrics - all using the "dynatrace" index.)

 

The dashboard / graphs are populating within Dynatrace for the Mobile app, and I was expecting to get this data in Splunk.

 

Communication between the Splunk add-on and Dynatrace is working fine, BUT I'm not getting any useful information.

 

Am I missing something or does the add-on not support this?

 

The data i'm getting looks like this: 

 

sourcetype=dynatrace:problem

{"dynatrace_server":"https://gce<xxxx>.live.dynatrace.com"} 

 

sourcetype=dynatrace:entity

{"customizedName": "MyApp", "discoveredName": "xxxxxxx-xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx", "displayName": "MyAppp", "endpoint": "applications", "entityId": "MOBILE_APPLICATION-xxxxxxxxxx", "firstSeenTimestamp": 1646142830047, "fromRelationships": {}, "lastSeenTimestamp": 1646719754020, "mobileOsFamily": ["IOS"], "tags": [], "timestamp": 1646719754.02, "toRelationships": {}} 

 

1 REPLY 1

ChadTurner
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

We tried to get this working as well. The plugin is provided by Splunk and we reached out to Splunk support on it. I recommend doing the same as their support team would be best equipped to assist with the ingestion of the Dynatrace Metrics.  

-Chad