cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneAgent Install on Redhat Linux 6

KamilB
Newcomer

Hi,

I have a question about installing Dynatrace OneAgent on Redhat Linux 6 with kernel 2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64.

After generating the installer and installing OneAgent everything looks fine. The process is running etc., no error during installation and all.

The problem is the host doesn't show in the Dynatrace console. I checked the connection to the Dynatrace cluster with oneagentctl on ports 9999 443 50000 and everything was ok.

Also, I tried to change some servers using cluster node directly with ActiveGate, and connection to them.

Anyone have idea why it's not showing up ? It's a problem with old host operating system or maybe something else ?

4 REPLIES 4

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Hello @KamilB ,
you should check the OneAgent log files (default in /var/log/dynatrace/oneagent), mainly the logs in the os directory, if there are any errors that indicate problem connecting.
Any chance OneAgent was installed on the host in the past and disabled? Maybe the host is just simply disabled in Dynatrace UI. The best way to check for that is to go to Settings > Monitoring > Monitoring overview and check.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Hi i check everything what you write:

you should check the OneAgent log files (default in /var/log/dynatrace/oneagent), mainly the logs in the os directory, if there are any errors that indicate problem connecting.

2022-12-29 12:07:44.690 UTC [897fc8cc] info [comm ] Connected to https://mydynatracenode:443/communication

2022-12-29 11:43:43.594 UTC [5621d84c] info [native] Assembled binary path: '/opt/dynatrace/oneagent/agent/lib64/liboneagentos.so'
2022-12-29 11:43:43.594 UTC [5621d84c] info [native] Trying to load agent from '/opt/dynatrace/oneagent/agent/lib64/liboneagentos.so'
2022-12-29 11:43:43.597 UTC [5621d84c] info [native] Agent successfully loaded from '/opt/dynatrace/oneagent/agent/lib64/liboneagentos.so'

from ruxit_agent_bootstrap

Any chance OneAgent was installed on the host in the past and disabled?

Yes it was.

Maybe the host is just simply disabled in Dynatrace UI. The best way to check for that is to go to Settings > Monitoring > Monitoring overview and check

I found it in place where you show me and enable monitoring.

@KamilB  so it was just disabled, correct?

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Yes host monitoring was disabled and also I need to reinstall oneagent.

Featured Posts