cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneAgent install on linux : already exiting group id (GID) 33334. Means to change it ?

gilles_tabary
Advisor

Hello.

I am trying to install OneAgent on Linux Suse 15.

It tells me the group identifier GID 33334 already exists so it cannot create unix group named "dtuser". Indeed there is on my hosts a legit business application already installed for which this group was created. I cannot change that.

I am wondering is there a way I can tell installer to create such group with an other GID number instead of 33334 ?

According TFM https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/linux-custom-installation#specifying-non-privileged... it looks possible to override USER and GROUP. But it explicitly mentionnes I cannot specify a "group identifier".

Any ideas ? Shall I have to create beforehand my "dtuser" group with the GID I want (i.e. different from default 33334), and then launch OneAgent installer to use it ?

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Yes you can create the group beforehand and use it.

You will also have to create the user beforehand, as the docs you link mentioned the GROUP parameter can only be used together with USER.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Thanks for feedback. I "can". Fine. Yet, do I "must" ? Or can I specify it (i.e. the GID integer number) directly on the installer command line ?

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

No you can't specify the group ID directly. 

But you could also just create user/group with the name dtuser beforehand, that you wouldn't have to specify anything during installation.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Featured Posts