cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneAgent release notes - changelogs for minor versions?

Hi,

This page displays the changes between OneAgent versions like 1.153, 1.155, 1.157 etc:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/release-not...

Is there any place I could find the changes done between the minor versions, like 1.155.293 vs. 1.155.320?

10 REPLIES 10

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

According to my expirience, features are added between big releases 1.155, 1.557 etc, those smaller are bug fixes

Regards, Sebastian

Yep, I understand that. We're currently facing an issue where a OneAgent update broke down the monitored application, and a .NET service doesn't start anymore with a newer version of OneAgent. When troubleshooting cases like this, it's vital info to know what exactly changed between each version, even the minor ones. For example to identify when exactly changes were applied to the technology at hand, to focus testing between those OneAgent installations.

I think you should start ASAP support ticket for such case, attach there also agent logs from monitored host and dynatrace server (if you are managed).

EDIT:

According to 1.157 release notes there was some fixes in CLR Instrumentation:

https://dynatrace.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c74dd712e290df36a8002edbd&id=d4085cd6b0&e=6ac2e43099

Regards, Sebastian

Yeah the ticket has been open for a while now. Of course we have the best possibility to test and investigate this also in our own time, because we have access to the pertinent servers. So to speed things up, I'm just saying the more info is shared, the quicker a solution may be found 🙂

I did notice that instrumentation fix for 1.157, this is something we will definitely test next. (FYI the issue appeared between 1.153 and 1.155)

Anything interesting in the logs from oneagent?
Did you try to turn off individual instrumentation features for this process group? ( Settings -> Server-side service monitoring -> Deep monitoring )

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Well, nothing interesting enough in the logs that would've helped solve this, I suppose... The logs were of course the 1st thing requested by support.

We tested the following:

1. Disabled deep monitoring for the problematic process on host level -> service didn't start

2. Disabled deep monitoring for all .NET processes on host level -> service didn't start

3. Disabled deep monitoring for all .NET processes for the whole tenant -> service started normally

So even if we tell the OneAgent to not monitor that process, because .NET deep monitoring is enabled, it somehow manages to prevent the service start / process execution during the initial evaluation phase (or whatever you'd call it)

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

I don't know if you have already spotted - but since some time we publish also what is changed between builds for each release - affects OneAgent, ActiveGate and Managed release notes.

Example:

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Hi @Radoslaw_Szulgo 

That's great, and I've indeed noticed it. However it seems that the minor version release notes are often not added, for each minor version. For example, I just now got a message:

Planned cluster upgrade
We plan to update your Dynatrace Managed cluster to version 1.212.111 during the upcoming maintenance window that begins March 25, 2021 UTC.

See upcoming changes and learn more at Dynatrace release notes page.

...However when I click that link, it doesn't contain anything about minor version 111. Latest update is for 103, which we're already running. Any chance we could get those release notes more consistently? Maybe we're in the minority, but this is really important information for us.

Yes, we're aware of this. We're working on automation so this will be published on time. With a manual approach here, this will appear with a delay. FYI @jaroslaw_orlows 

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

That's great to hear! Thanks for the update.

Featured Posts