Did you mean: 

OpenShift monitoring step by step

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Dear Community,

Im starting monitoring Openshift.

I have some questions:

Is it mandatory to have a dedicated ActiveGate?

If I want to use actual AGs, i should open a port 9999? as a classic install? also open port to all AGs (Environment + cluster)?

Is it also needed to modify the AG files or the yaml file will do the job?

Additional to:

Yaml file

Token

Instructions for installations

What is required from Dynatrace side to start the implementation?

Thanks

Sharing Knowledge
3 REPLIES 3

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @Malaik,

It is not mandatory to use a containerized AG but I would recommend it. This containerized AG would connect to the cluster nodes (after fw changes). In the dynatace operator custom resourse yaml file you need uncommnet few lines...

You can find useful information from the Dynatrace operator here:

GitHub - Dynatrace/dynatrace-operator: Kubernetes / OpenShift operator to manage Dynatrace OneAgent ...

I can show (in 30 min) you the DT side results if you drop me a private message here in the community with your contact details. Maybe we can find a good time zone / time slot for it.

Best regards,

Mizső

Certified Dynatrace Professional

I second this. The operator makes deploying AGs easy so I would deploy one or more (depending on the size) per cluster.

If you go that route, I would also set network zones for every cluster. This way the agents will prefer the AGs of their own cluster.

Aside from the list you mentioned you might need to sync the image of the operator to your internal image registry. The images for OneAgent and AG will be pulled directly from your dynatrace cluster/environment.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Thanks a lot both of you @pahofmann  and @Mizső 

Sharing Knowledge

Featured Posts