cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to exclude few URL's from RUM injection

Prathyusha
Visitor

It would have been great if we had an option to exclude few URL's from being monitored by RUM.

5 REPLIES 5

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

You can do this already, in the applications settings:

AntonioSousa_0-1638794199396.png

Antonio Sousa

True, for OneAgent deployment (autoinjection).
But does not apply to Agentless RUM (manual injection) or browser extension based deployments. 
I just happen to have a case with such a question (RUM).

Kind regards, Frans Stekelenburg                 Certified Dynatrace Associate | measure.works, Dynatrace Partner

@fstekelenburg

I believe the manual injection doesn't apply in this case, because the responsible for the manual injection should not put the RUM code in the URLs he wants excluded.

Regarding the browser extension, I don't have practical knowledge there, but it seems that using the URL injection pattern might not be useful, as it seems to lack a negating function...

Antonio Sousa

You're quite right @AntonioSousa. Unfortunately we came across a customer that deployed the tag with a tag manager that can only deploy the tag for the whole web application, and not for specific sections. I'll have to see if they can apply exceptions to ignore. It would be nice if we could filter, just as the OP suggested.
The alternative is not using the tag manager and have them apply truly manually the token, but this is quite cumbersome for a large site, and changes will often need to go through static release windows.

The browser extension delivers similar result, but by using different patterns you should be able to split up a site in sub sections (site.com/section-a, site.com/section-b)

Kind regards, Frans Stekelenburg                 Certified Dynatrace Associate | measure.works, Dynatrace Partner

This sounds more like the solution should be implemented in the tagmanager instead of in dynatrace, as it would also benefit the loading speed and the search engine ranking if the whole javascript file is not included, because the tagmanager does not inject it, instead of loading the whole and then deciding to not even run the code.

Featured Posts