cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perl deep monitoring

Hi,

This page describes OneAgent features for Perl process monitoring:

https://www.dynatrace.com/technologies/perl-monito...

I'm not seeing any detailed metrics for my Perl processes, like descibed in the pic "Hard(ware) facts". Of course that is since deep monitoring for the process is disabled. And I can't enable it, since it's not even listed under the Supported Technologies settings. So far it seems like there is no actual support for additional metrics regarding Perl, it's just like any "unsupported" technology. The only visible difference is that Perl processes have a different logo compared to the processes labeled in the category "Other". The actual data is just the basic process metrics like Worker Processes, Responsiveness, etc. - but that's it. Am I missing something?

5 REPLIES 5

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello,

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/deploy-dyna...

Perl isn't supported technology for deep monitoring by default. You can always use Dynatrace ADK to instrument it to see services and transactions. It is possible, I've done such things before. About additional perl metrics you need to prepare plugin for dynatrace to see them.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Thanks, that's what I suspected. I was thrown off by Perl having its own page like that. To me it doesn't make sense to highlight a technology that's unsupported, it's a bit misleading to be honest.

As you compare Perls page to others, generaly there is true. You see those processes with some bunch of basic metrics. But I understand with you that sometimes those pages are hard to understand. Sometimes clients tell me that he saw something there and I have to clarify his point of understanding.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Hi DynaMight Guru,

Thank you for your Input.

Which you have shared the link is not Working, throwing 404 Error msg. Could you please re share the Link where you can see as Perl isn't supported technology for deep monitoring .

Thanks,

Ameena.

Hi @pb388 

Check Extend AI-based root cause analysis with OneAgent SDK blog 

There you will see the follows explanation on how you can get code-level visibility also for Perl

Yosi_Neuman_0-1695282819605.png

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Featured Posts