cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please provide documentation for "early adopter features" - like Dataexplorer "code"

r_weber
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello,

I like testing new early adopter features, it's a great way to get a peek what's coming. But PLEASE to allow us doing so also release - at least rudimentary - documentation at the same time as new features are available. Either in the product itself or in the official documentation (marked as early adopter as well).

Otherwise providing feedback and test-driving becomes a frustrating experience....

For example, in the new "code" tab of the data explorer - seems powerful! But what is a BINARYCRITERION, ... where is the documentation or autocompletion?

r_weber_0-1622538015749.png

Thanks,

Reinhard

Certified Dynatrace Master, Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net
3 REPLIES 3

david_lopes
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

The message is indeed a little crypt because it is early adopter, but also remember that you are just building a Metrics V2 API query there, so you can follow the documentation that is pretty extensive here:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/api-metrics-v2-selector#conditions

For instance, a filter transformation needs a criteria (prefix, ne, eq, remainer, etc), which you are missing, it just so happen that we are exposing these weird internal names instead of a friendly message for now.

ct_27
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Working on a custom metric and needed to use DataExplorer Code but needed documentation to figure out what I can and cannot do.  Searched the internet for 20 minutes then came here to search the forum because I know I had seen something in the past.   The link above gets me to what I need but it should have been much easier to find this information.

Thus I agree with @r_weber on this.  Every Early Adopter feature should have a link on that features page in DT that links you to a special post, blog, help document that assists the user in knowing how to use the new Early Adopter feature.

I feel this is important because your developers have spent hundreds of hours building these features, you're not going to get great adoption if you can't teach the community how to use it.

HigherEd

Karolina_Linda
Community Team
Community Team

Thank you @r_weber and @ct_27 for this important feedback! I'm forwarding it right away to the Documentation team.

Keep calm and build Community!

Featured Posts