cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priorities of Adaptive traffic management and control

yohnishi
Organizer

Hi,

I understand the thinning out of purepath with "Adaptive traffic management and control".

But I do not understand that this thinning out has the Priorities of thinning?

So, are slow or error puthpaths saved preferentially on Dynatrace cluster?

Best regards,
Yasuo Ohnishi

2 REPLIES 2

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

New PurePaths coming in from environments with the highest traffic in relation to their assigned host units (i.e., traffic/host unit) are targeted first for load reduction. Dynatrace Managed skips full PurePath processing in these environments. This happens in a random fashion and reduces the number of PurePaths that are processed in a staged fashion. At the same time, the statistical validity of all metrics, charts, baselining, and events is retained because Dynatrace knows the number of PurePaths that have been skipped. This is fully transparent to you, as Dynatrace raises an event and displays a message in the cluster UI.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/transactions-and-services/monitoring/ada...

Hope this helps.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

@Radoslaw S. can you share if the load reduction on the OneAgent takes request naming rules into consideration?

Let's consider this example:

• a web request service is under high request load
  • Web Request URLs are equal (same URL)
  • Request naming rules are used - for example, based on request attributes

Will OneAgent reduce the number of processed PurePaths based on final request name? (after naming rules are applied).

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts