cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem API and tag filtering

c_m_anderson
Helper

In the Dynatrace UI, we are able to filter Problems based on tags, as well as set up alerting profiles based on tags. I am working on a "Problem Dashboard" using the Problem API to create a unified view of all Problems across all environments and datacenter clusters. I am trying to implement a "filter by tag" option, but it is not as intuitive as I thought it would be. The only option I can think of is to loop through the Problems in the feed and only include those with Impacted Entities (hosts, services,process groups) that include the selected tag? Are there plans to add a tag filter option to the Problem Feed?

5 REPLIES 5

wolfgang_beer
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Charity,

Nice to hear gain after Perform 🙂

Good news, that's already in the product. Help docu will be updated soon. You can add a query parameter 'tag' to your request and you will get only those problems that have an impacted entity with the specified tag attached. You can also add multiple 'tag' parameters and we logically AND combine them.

Best greetings,

Wolfgang

c_m_anderson
Helper

Hi Wolfgang.

That is EXCELLENT news! I was so close to trying a tag parameter before asking the question. I just tried the request and it works perfectly.

Cheers!

Charity

Hi Charity,

Could you please be more specific on how are you creating the "Problems Dashboard"? Are you exporting the data to another application/DB and charting there? I'm trying to setup a similar report with availability problems per application and can not seem to find any way of doing this in Dynatrace alone.

Thanks a lot,

Sorin

Sorin Z

c_m_anderson
Helper

Hi Sorin,

I developed a custom .NET web application leveraging the Dynatrace Problem API to create our problem dashboard. It does not have any charting visualizations, but did also integrate the Dynatrace Problems with ServiceNow incidents and we are able to graph and chart the Problems from there. There is also a custom plugin for Grafana that we use for dashboarding outside of ServiceNow.

I hope this helps.

Charity

Thanks a lot!

It's a little cumbersome but we'll find no middle way I think that could be a solution.

Br,

Sorin

Sorin Z