Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Problem "MERGED"

menda
Guide

Hi All,

I have a question about Problem Merged.

Sometimes, Dynatrace merges problem with another one.

What conditions does this occur?

Can I know if the problem has been merged on the screen?

Best Regards,

Masahiko Enda

3 REPLIES 3

wolfgang_beer
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Dynatrace Davis AI merges problems if it finds two problems sharing the same root-cause. Most merges happen before a problem is even raised, so you do not really see them. In some cases a merge happens after a problem was already opened, then two problems are merged. We do handle that transparently, so within the Web UI you get one merged problem as a result. Both problem links will lead to the same merged problem. Problem notification sends out a MERGED state instead of a OPEN or RESOLVED state.

Is there any official documentation on this? I've seen situations where it seems some times a root cause will be provided for things such as a problem being shutdown then sometimes you shutdown the same process on a different host and you don't get a root cause.

I've bene trying to reproduce the situation where merging occurs but can't seem to find a definitive process to do that. We are looking to enable the 'Call webhook if new events merge into existing problems' feature but I want to understand what things look like before so I know the difference for when we enable it.

Hi wolfgang,

We need to know how David works in order to merge problems. We have several scenarios that we don't understand:

1.- "multiple infraestructure problem" in which there are events that don't relation among them.

2.- Several problems with the same events that are not merged.

Can you tell us detail about how this feature works?

thanks