cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUM injection for Pega apps

rmeli
Participant

We have deployed oneagents to a number of servers running WebSphere JVM's that host a Pega app. We are seeing everything apart from the RUM data. The users of the app connect through a load balancer to this Pega app and we are not seeing any javascript injection in their browsers. Is there something we should be doing to get this part to work?

5 REPLIES 5

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

I'd start by checking this page: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/real-user-monitoring/setup-and-configura...

To see 1) if any of those are being blocked and 2) if you're seeing any sign that injection is being attempted at all. In browser developer tools you should be able to see any of the indications (headers, cookies, etc...).

rmeli
Participant

It turns out we are using an unsupported version of IBM java, 1.6. I assume that this is the reason the injection is not working or would that not be the case?

This likely is the reason, but you will have to check the OneAgent logs to confirm. I think I already encountered such case with unsupported IBM JVM and WebSphere in the past.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

bill_scheuernst
DynaMight
DynaMight

Was this issue solved?  @rmeli - did you resolve your issue?  I am experiencing something similar with a Pega app.

Dynatrace Certified Professional

@rmeli Did anyone identify a root cause here. We are experiencing issues with our RUM rules. The number of session that we are seeing is extremely low in comparison to the traffic should be reporting in. 

Featured Posts