Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA Queries

Gator88
Participant

Hello DT Community,

Thank for always helping out. I need help developing two USQL queries:

I’m currently, daily pulling out 2 sets of SLA stats.

1. I’m using a custom multidimensional analysis of the Commercial B2B Response Time. I am looking for the Request Count for the number of transactions where the Response time is in seconds and the Total Transactions for a given day (generally Yesterday so I can go and investigate any that breach our SLA % measured as:
    # trans <1s / Total trans for the day, etc.
    On Mondays/ the day after public Holidays, I’ll need to run the query for each day that I don’t have values for.
  2. I’m also looking for the average response time per hour for the last 24 hours, as well as the daily Average, Median, and 90th Percentile. Again, on Mondays/ the day after public Holidays, I’ll need to run the query for each day that I don’t have values for.

Thanks again!!

1 REPLY 1

alvaro_sanchez
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi!

I don't think this is achievable via USQL, but should be easily doable with the data explorer + SLOs functionality:

1. Way to go would be using that multidimensional analysis screen to create a custom metric that counts all the requests that take less than 1s. Similar to this:

alvaro_sanchez_0-1655293659601.png

Then creating an SLO that calculates the ratio that you mention: requests(<1s)/requests.

2. This is also something that could directly be achieved with Data explorer, with a structure similar to this (in this case: hourly 90th percentile response time for an entire day and a specific service, you can tailor that to your other requirements):

alvaro_sanchez_1-1655293887321.png

Only caveat is that the "public holiday" part of the request isn't something that Dynatrace can really do, but you can just use the timeframe to select that period of time.

Regards,

Álvaro

Featured Posts