cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set resolution to 1 day with Data explorer

Shirai
Helper

Hi

When I created a graph with a resolution of 1 day in Data explorer, I noticed a strange phenomenon. The data is aggregated from 9:00 to 9:00 the next day. I expect it to be aggregated from 0:00 to 0:00 the next day. This Environment is set to Japan time.

Shirai_0-1652250374795.png

T.Shirai IIM Corp. Osaka Japan
9 REPLIES 9

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

this completely depend on your time frame selector. The value gets populated on the basis of selected time frame.

KG

Hi techean-san.

I changed the time frame. For example, April 11th 00:00-May 12th 00:00. Next, when I pointed to the data on May 9, it was aggregated from 9:00 on May 9 to 9:00 on May 10. So I don't think it depends on the time frame.

Shirai_1-1652316404371.png

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

You should go ahead raising this as a support ticket as this could be a bug or product behavior designed to fetch start time of organization. Not sure right now but the dev support team would be able to analyze this further and confirm if its a behavior or a bug.

KG

Shirai
Helper

Japan time is UTC+9. I expect this to be relevant.

I would like to know what the result will be in other time zones. Can anyone try it?

Hi Shirai,

I tried with my environment with timeframe set on May 9 00.00 - May 10 00.00

Timezone GMT+7 Indonesian Time, if you see it start with 07:00 maybe it defends with it, but im not sure must ask with Dynatrace Experts too

andra_nosa_1-1652320914703.png

Hi andra_nosa-san.

Thank you for testing. Maybe there is a problem with the time difference calculation in Data explorer.

Shirai
Helper

@techean @andra_nosa Thank you for your comment.

I open a support ticket for this issue.

According to the support team, this is by design, not by bug. The data is stored in UTC on the server and is not converted by time zone.
However, an RFE has been posted on this issue.

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dynatrace-product-ideas/RFE-API-with-timezone-support/idi-p/15244...

We hope that RFE will be adopted and this problem will be resolved.

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

So finally its a product behavior right? lets see if the idea gets maximum vote and is planned for development as a feature, this will get solved.

KG

Featured Posts