cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared database hosts across multiple DT Managed environments

andrew_kjos2
Participant

In my organization's large enterprise environment, often times single database hosts are shared for multiple applications' databases. As we continue to roll out DT Managed, implementing oneagent on db hosts will be one of our objectives for increased visibility on our databases.

One question that has come up is, if a database host has oneagent installed but serves up db's for multiple applications (which are contained in separate DT Managed Environments), how do we propagate this data to each respective DT environment? I'm guessing this will need to be a feature request, but I wanted to see if any capabilities currently exist around this.

Thanks,

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3

guido_deinhamm
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi Andrew,

With Dynatrace the monitoring data of each host is reported into a single environment. There is really no way around that right now.

However, we are working on a concept that allows you to split one environment into multiple - potentially overlapping - sub-environments. With this concept you can create a larger environment and assign a user access only to certain applications and the infrastructure these applications are running on.

This functionality should be available later this year.

Let me know, if that makes sense to you.

Guido

Dynatrace Product Management

Hi Guido,

Is there a best practice about how to spread organization on DynaTrace Managed environments ?

Split Prod and Test?

Split different systems to different environments ?

Or to put all the organizations server in one big environment ?

Yos @Gil G.

asaxena3
Newcomer

Hi Guido - any update on this functionality ? is this available now ?