cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacked Columns in Data Explorer are falling

ct_27
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

We're greatly enjoying the stacked columns but has anyone noticed them falling into the pit?

In this example we have 3 different custom metrics reported.  If you've seen my other post, these are essentially 3 canaries chirping.   In our testing we stop the metrics from reporting at random.  Again these are 3 different Metric v2 ingests.

As you can see in the graph when a metric is missing at the same time interval as the other 2 metrics are reporting data the columns fall until they hit a floor.   Notice how the purple falls when yellow is missing. And you can see in the 6th minute how the yellow and purple fall when a blue is missing. The second image shows how purple falls all the way down when both yellow and blue are missing.

Anyone else experiencing this before I open a support case?  

ct_27_0-1646434380891.png

ct_27_1-1646434743164.png

HigherEd
3 REPLIES 3

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@ct_27 any news on this? I know I have run into a few bugs with the data explorer and hopefully they get ironed out in the next few clusters update. Maybe this issue has been resolved in the latest cluster update? 

-Chad

ct_27
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Support did get back to me and sort of schooled me in how stacked graphs work  😁   But they also did admit that they have some underlying issues regarding their Stacked Graphs.

It was a face palm moment. :facepalm:   ---kind of---- because i still think the behavior should be different when "connecting gaps".

So,  basically it's correct that the bars fall when no metrics are below them and NOT "connecting gaps.". 

My personal opinion though when "connecting gaps" is that the color should hover over the blank spaces. Which is what I'm hoping for.   The support case regarding the falling bars has been closed but the support case regarding the reversed toggle is still open.

HigherEd

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Lol, I always though that was the normal behavior for the stacked bars. 

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Featured Posts