cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State of process is unknown

travis_anderson
Participant

Has anyone come across a 'Process unavailable' type problem being created for a process stopping but then when viewing the problem card you have something like 'State of process xyz is unknown'. The problem never actually closes out automatically even after the process is started back. Even manually closing the problem will cause another problem to be created for the exact issue. It takes several times closing out this problem to prevent it from coming back.

What I have seen is that this occurs when you enable process group monitoring for a process group then change the hostgroup of the agent and restarting the process from the process group. I understand that hostgroups are typically something you try to steer away from changing but it is sometimes unavoidable and it seems by doing so Dynatrace loses its mind a little with its process group.

3 REPLIES 3

ChadTurner
Guru

Can you share a screen capture of this issue? 

-Chad

Sure, here is one from a few mins ago

travis_anderson_1-1632510266577.png

How did you change the hostgroup? via the Oneagnet CTL? Did you recycle the Oneagent afterwards? Did you restart the entire host? This is a new one for me! 

-Chad