cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag is not appeared on process group instance but available at process group.

suresh230591
Mentor

We have automatic tag defined for application "A", we are tagging every process that run on application "A" servers. We noticed in some cases tag got applied at process group but it is not appeared at process group instance.

This scenario is only for few processes , for rest of the processes tag appear on PGI. What could be the reason behind this?

Following are some example

Tag is not available at PGI

Tag is available at PG.

Tag not available at PGI

Thanks

Suresh

5 REPLIES 5

suresh230591
Mentor

Have anyone come across this problem?

manish_bachu
Participant

Hi Suresh,

have you compared the rules set for both for the working ones and not working ones?

Thanks,

Manish Bachu

suresh230591
Mentor

yes, we have fairly straight forward rule.. Tag all the process group where host group is XXX and host name contain ABC.

And this problem is across the hosts, oneagent tag never appear on process but alwys on process group..

manish_bachu
Participant

it works fine in my environment.please refer this article for more information https://www.dynatrace.com/news/blog/automated-rule-based-tagging-for-services/

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello, I suggest you to add tag to host and select "apply to all processed running on this host". This is only way I know to add tags in that way to process instances. Different approach is to change process group detection rules to split them by role they have. In this way you can add tags to process group.

Regards, Sebastian

Featured Posts