cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tenant Dimensions Limit Reached

sivart_89
Advisor

We had this problem created last week. Anyone know of the metric tied to this alert? I was looking to create a custom event to try to more proactively be alerted, I couldn't find anything. It would be great to be able to setup an alert to be notified before the tenant dimensions limit has been reached.

travis_anderson_0-1654523199184.png

5 REPLIES 5

Fin_Ubels
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hey Travis,

Have a look at the DSFM metrics, they're for monitoring the monitoring. There are some in there for metric dimensions as well as a whole bunch of other things.

Fin_Ubels_0-1654555099493.png

I had looked at these metrics and none of them were lining up with the value we had exceeded (100k). When does an answer get marked as an 'accepted solution'? I ask this because it seems there is no metric to create a custom alert for this. Being informed to look at the dsfm metrics with no clear direction on what exactly the metric is, shouldn't be marked as a solution, especially if it seems that metric does not exist. I'm aware that you did not mark it as a solution so nothing directed to you here.

Fin_Ubels
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Oh well thats no good that none of those were correct. If you've had a search and there isn't a DSFM metric that suites, there are a couple others that reference dimension usage, then I would say there likely isn't a metric at this stage as all the self monitoring ones are prefixed DSFM. If that truly is the case then I would either reach out to Dynatrace support to confirm or create a RFE here on the forums as it would be a useful metric to have for self monitoring dashboards.

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

@sivart_89  as suggested by @Fin_Ubels  Reach out to support raising an RFE request for this metrics. Ideally this metrics is already available with Dynatrace and can be made accessible to end users as well for proactive alerts. 

KG

mgome
Advisor

I would open a support ticket if you're seeing this message. Tenant dimension limits can be adjusted by support.

Featured Posts