cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USQL- Frustrated user actions , their count by app

shahrukh_niazi
Contributor

I have created a dashboard which allows me to see end user experience and how many users are satisfied & how many had frustrated actions

I am looking for a way to list in table format, if possible, all user actions, the count of frustrated which had frustrated experience

I tried using this usql but it is showing ALL the apps. I want to restrict it to "My_App" only and show me the count as well

select name, count(name) from useraction where apdexCategory IS "FRUSTRATED" group by name order by count(name)

USER_ACTION_Name  ,  COUNT_of_Frustrated 

6 REPLIES 6

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

So if you want a single value of all the frustrated users you can use the following string: 

SELECT COUNT(useraction.name) FROM usersession WHERE useraction.application="My_App" AND userExperienceScore IS "FRUSTRATED" 

Or you can use this, which give you a table view including the action name and the count of the frustrated users on that given applications as defined: SELECT useraction.name, COUNT(userExperienceScore) FROM usersession WHERE useraction.application ="My_App" AND userExperienceScore="FRUSTRATED" GROUP BY useraction.name

-Chad

trevor_masseng1
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

While the query Chad gave you correctly adds the Application filter, it is querying the User Session's Apdex (or User Experience Score).

You can use this query to pull Apdex instead, displaying the user action name, the amount of times it was FRUSTRATED for Apdex, only pulling data for FRUSTRATED visits (Frustrated User Experience Score): 
SELECT useraction.name, COUNT(*) FROM usersession WHERE useraction.application ="My_App" AND useraction.apdexCategory="FRUSTRATED" AND userExperienceScore="FRUSTRATED" GROUP BY useraction.name

ABB
Observer

Whether its count of frustrated user actions or Top user actions, should we get it from usersession table or useraction table? I see counts differ for these. Not sure if this is our company instance, but when i use the user session table the where clause doesn't work and gets all the application whereas if i use the useraction table, my results are limited to the application name.

AgataWlodarczyk
Community Team
Community Team

You can only do it for key user actions.

It would be beneficial if you also use parents to add another column/split by application. Otherwise, you might end up with the same user action name multiple times but you don't know to which app it belongs.

You can plot the apdex score user action per application in a table. 

AgataWlodarczyk_0-1645096535054.png

but that does not give you the count for each category.

This can only be achieved in usql.

When passion meets people magic and innovation happen.

Thank you! I also got a response on my other posting that explains the difference between UserSessions Vs UserActions. I used this guidance for Top User Actions and now I am not getting user actions with multiple same names.

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dashboarding/Top-User-Actions-UserSession-table-or-UserAction-tab...

However, for identifying frustrated user actions through a USQL, if we use useraction.apdexCategory="FRUSTRATED", it is also showing non key user actions. Did you meant to say that custom metrics will only work for key user actions? 

christian_gusta
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

You can use your initial query you just need to add a filter for the app like this:

select name, count(name) from useraction where apdexCategory IS "FRUSTRATED" and application = "My App" group by name order by count(name)

Featured Posts