Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Upgrade has been suspended by Dynatrace Mission Control

fstekelenburg
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

For the second time the planned automatic update of 1.224 has been suspended.

The Automatic update window in the Cluster Management Console shows the next warning:
Upgrade has been suspended by Dynatrace Mission Control. Operation will not be started during maintenance window until we make sure it works reliable at your environment. There is no further action required from your end.

And Version 1.244.161.20220712-184054 has been downloaded, but cannot be installed at the moment.

Contacting support about the nature of the suspension and if there is an underlying issue in the platform on our end, they told me that an issue in the package downloaded has been noticed (Cluster Version 1.244), so we have paused the upgrades for this version until the developers can fix it. That's why you are seeing that message. Once it is fixed, the Cluster will be upgraded with the proper version and build.

This applies to all Managed environments. They are already working on it and it will be released as soon as possible.

Due to the fact that I (as contact) did not receive a notification of the suspended update (and eagerly was going to check an improvement in the new version, which I didn't find), I entered a Product idea for it, here:
Inform Managed contacts about planned upgrade issues - Dynatrace Community

Kind regards, Frans Stekelenburg                 Certified Dynatrace Associate | measure.works, Dynatrace Partner
5 REPLIES 5

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I have seen this happen before to me, too.

Looks like someone is caring for us 🙂

Antonio Sousa

I agree, someone with a mission, who's in control 😁

Kind regards, Frans Stekelenburg                 Certified Dynatrace Associate | measure.works, Dynatrace Partner

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Thanks, @fstekelenburg for making this demand transparent and visible to anyone in need. We're aware of the problem and the confusion it makes. We're going to add here a more detailed reason why this pause has been triggered and additionally we're going to notify why an update build was revoked. 

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Thanks for sharing this! this is needed! proactive information on any kind of update revoke is helpful.

KG

Bill_Demsky
Helper

This is good, additional explanation would be nice, but this general info is enough for now.

Featured Posts