cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Use NFS volume to store logs for log monitoring version 2

Hellow

We have noticed that for log monitoring v2 in Dynatrace managed it uses elasticsearch volume to store logs. We use an NFS volume to store logs for version 1. Is it possible to still usign the NFS volume to store logs for log monitoring version 2?

Best Regards

8 REPLIES 8

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

No, you can’t. Logs v2 doesn’t use NFS storage anymore. All log entries are stored on cluster nodes. They are distributed with a one copy in Elasticsearch storage, specifically.

you can unmount that NFS or use it for backup.  

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Ok, I know for v2 it's stored on elasticsearch, so, just to confirm, there's no way to keep the NFS path configuration on CMC for V2?

There’s no way. Unless you keep your elasticsearch data on NFS which I not recommend.
Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Adam_Moore
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

For the log entries on the Cluster nodes we just edit the custom.properties file to point to the new log location? 

Which log entries? Can you please explain a little bit more?

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't sure if we had to point the OA custom.properties to a different mnt point for the some of the logs or if the default locations were enough.. as long as the space was sufficient. 

That's a different question. Is that what you ask?

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/log-monitoring/acquire-log-data/add-log-...

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Featured Posts