cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CalledBy-Services in Filters for Calculated Metrics

BalaC
Visitor

I am trying to built Calc. Metrics on a Service based on "Called By" services - can't see any obvious way of applying that filter in the Calc-Metric Definition. 

Infact in my case, I looking for a way to filter based on a specific "ServiceMethod" inside the "Calling Service" - so I am trying to get the RequestCount for  ServiceMethod (SM=A) inside Service (S-A) calling ServiceMethod (SM-B) inside Service (S-B). Can get this in the MDA screen but doesn't allow me to "Create Metric" from within there.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Hello @BalaC ,

conditions on service flow are not (yet) supported for calculated metrics. Maybe there are some other attributes on your service that can be used and give you similar results? Consider adding additional request attributes on the service that you can then use in the calculated metric definition. This really depends on your situation.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Thanks.. Will try

Hi Julius,

I am trying to do the same. It does not look like service flow conditions are not implemented for the "1.278.74.20231030-175245" yet in 2023.

Is there a plan that this could be added in near future for Managed? 

We plan to move to SaaS soon. Does SaaS have this capability?

Thanks

@frank_hahn no it's not in Managed and afaik it is not planned. For SaaS, there will be similar functionality provided by Grail when traces in Grail will be GA.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts