cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vmware property used to automatically define datacenter auto-discovery ?

AurelienGravier
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Hello,

Datacenters names are not auto-detected correctly on Smartscape for all my Vmware clusters. I know that we could configure it manually through "Settings -> Web and Mobile Monitoring -> Geo Locations".

But do you have an idea about the VMWARE parameters, configuration or properties which are used by Dynatrace to autodiscover the datacenter name ?

The goal is to adapt the Vmware deployment procedure to be persistent on Dynatrace.

Thank you.

Regards Aurélien.

Observability consultant - Dynatrace Associate/Pro/Services certified
2 REPLIES 2

AurelienGravier
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

FYI,

After my investiguation, the VmWare property "datacenter" is automatically collected by Dynatrace when VmWare monitoring is enabled :

AurelienGravier_0-1673024600364.png

AurelienGravier_1-1673024691462.png

I don't know yet why this property is sometimes not available for some Vmware clusters because it seems to be a mandatory property (version ? permissions ?...).

If none applies, then there is the fallback to trying to resolve the IP address of the sender of the OsiInfo message to a geolocation (cf support).

The workaround is to map IP to location manually on "Settings -> Web and Mobile Monitoring -> Geo Locations".

Regards, Aurélien.

Observability consultant - Dynatrace Associate/Pro/Services certified

Stef_Stouf95
Participant

Hello Aurelien,

did you find a solution to deactivate this DC autoaffectation of a vsphere label  ?

did you find a proper way to manage Datacenter in Dynatrace ? without "Geo Locations" method feature more dedicated of the customers api access 

Thanks for your time

Featured Posts