Dear Dynatrace Community,
As every year, we are going to have HOT (Hands On Training) days prior to the main conference tracks at PERFORM. Every year, we try to pick a good set of topics ranging from Getting Started with Dynatrace, dashboarding, infrastructure monitoring, cloud native, leveraging Davis for better Auto-Remediation to integrating Dynatrace into your DevOps Tool Ecosystem.
For PERFORM 2021 we want to make sure to include topics that are RELEVANT FOR YOU - our community. Therefore, I encourage you to post comments to this questions about the topic you like to be covered in a HOTDAY. I also encourage everyone to provide feedback to suggested topics as this also helps us shaping the final HOTDAY agenda.
Thanks a lot for your input!
Here are a few so far, but I am sure ill have more over the next few days
Setting up Kubernetes via helm charts
Setting up Kebernetes via cluster connection
Reviewing Audit Logs - SaaS
Autonomous cloud set up
- How to set up automatic tagging
- Best practices
Setting up and Leveraging Network Zones
Setting up the Dynatrace Mobile App for Alerting
Setting up and Leveraging the Dynatrace UFO for Visual alerting
This is a mix of both what I hope to see and hands on.
Just remember, you asked 😉
WHEW! I am sure I will have more and add them as I think of them 🙂
Sorry for the late response @Andreas Grabner - Been swamped over here 🙂
I am going to remove that one from my list above.
We ran into a challenge where we can not use the Elasticsearch OneAgent extension due to two reasons we determined working through a Dynatrace support case (SUP-47631).
One is due to how the team deployed and configured Elasticsearch and the other is a need to expand on the configuration options and methods of communication with the Elasticsearch OneAgent extension. Details on it all can be found in the Dynatrace support case SUP-47631.
So, really this would be a best practice approach to take up with Elasticsearch rather than Dynatrace. Thanks @Andreas Grabner!
Feature Road Map on Reporting
Love to see more expansion on last year DT managed class for administrators. How are the tools being expanded to help us administer large scale on premise solutions?
We have many RFE's out there like https://answers.dynatrace.com/idea/210001/need-better-environment-management-methods-for-dt.html?chi... and how best to managed the entire cluster alerting without having to drill into 350 plus systems etc.
- Hands-on : How to monitor Kubernetes the best way with Dynatrace. You made a lot of improvement on Monitorin Kubernetes on the last 6 months. I would like a sum up of all of that and what is coming next
- Hands-on on the latest improvement on RUM/SessionReplay for website and Application
- Hands-on : Best practices to monitor application - Feature maybe not very known (custom attribute, baseline tuning, get variable from a method parameter ...)
- Roadmap for next year (Dynatrace SDK working on alpine, auto instrumentation of Python, monitor external services (only metrics) out of the box)
A lot has been said, but I would add the following that are also important for me: