cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

​Where can we know how many actions are in the Synthetic monitor?

nkobayashi1
Helper

Hi,

I have a question about synthetic user action count.

The number of the user actions executed is shown in the Synthetic monitor screen. In our case, the monitor has 6 actions.

But in the "Frequency and locations" screen in the monitor setting indicates 7 actions existed.
(In this case, 61320/(365/12)/24/12 = 7)

Our salesperson is creating an approximate estimate about DEM(synthetic) license for a customer. And she is confused about the difference the action count between the screens.

I believe that she should use the figure on the Synthetic monitor screen(6) and not setting screen. Could you tell me whether it is correct?

Thanks,
Noah Kobayashi

3 REPLIES 3

AlexanderSommer
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

The 6 synthetic actions are used for pricing. Only actions which triggers/have web requests are used for pricing. Synthetic actions (more like an event) which are not triggering a web request are not used for pricing. In the settings view we try to give an estimate on the costs and check all actions (steps) for some conditions to find out it this would result in a synthetic action with network activity or not.
This is one of the few disadvantages with our combined RUM and synthetic solution as we are using the same technical approach.

@Alexander S

The customer must ask us why the number of actions is different between the dashboard and the estimate(in the settings screen). How should we explain that to customers?

The setting screen shows "12 times per hour"(means 6 actions) and 61,320(means 7 actions) per month at the same time. It is inconsistent.

I know that only actions which trigger/have web requests are counted as user actions. But we can not explain the difference in numbers with only that. It looks like there is a bug.

Thanks, Noah

Ryan_Dee1
Newcomer

Hi Noah, we are trying to replicate this issue. Do you have a ticket open with Dynatrace Support? If so please email the case number to me at ryan.dee@dynatrace.com. If not, we would recommend opening a case any time you come across something that appears to be broken or not working correctly.

-Ryan Dee