cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did DEM Consumption go?

soportetr
Guide

Hi Everyone,

I was browsing through the tenants of the clients but when I got to a specific one, I realized that the amount of DEM's they have consumed is not displayed. However, when hovering the cursor over the area, the amount consumed is displayed. In addition to that, it is possible to visualize the user sessions, the executions of the synthetics, so there is no problem on that side. For this anomaly, have you seen something similar?

I'll attach some screenshots for more details

6 REPLIES 6

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @soportetr 

In order to visualize the use of DEM license you can utilize billing.apps metrics  

Yosi_Neuman_0-1678343780656.png

and billing.synthetic 

Yosi_Neuman_1-1678343883867.png

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Romanenkov_Al3x
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

It is look like that Synthetic use your license and maybe somebody deleted this synthetic monitor and now it is not visible. 

For example browser path with many actions for example with 20 actions of load. 

Consumption: 20 x 1 x N runs

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/manage/monitoring-consumption/digital-experience-monitoring-u...

If audit logs is enabled for this environment you can try to find WHO and WHEN with this API call- https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/dynatrace-api/environment-api/audit-logs/get-log#audit-logs-a...

Regards,

Romanenkov Alex

DT_NGINX_FORCE_UNKNOWN_VERSION_INSTRUMENTATION=1

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi soportetr,

Regarding the issue in view of the DEM units' consumption on the environment, I think you need to reach out to Dynatrace support for that.

also, you can create a dashboard to monitor your DEM consumption same as the following sample and you can adjust the custom time frame to start from the license renewal date, ex. (2022-05-20 00:00 to now)

Mohamed_Hamdy_0-1678362718043.png

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

you can use the following metrics ad examples and adjust them based on your requirements:

TOTAL DEM

(builtin:billing.synthetic.actions:splitBy():value:auto:sort(value(sum,descending)))+
(builtin:billing.synthetic.requests:splitBy():value:auto:sort(value(sum,descending))*0.1)+
(builtin:billing.apps.mobile.sessionsWithoutReplayByApplication:filter(and(eq(Type,Billed))):splitBy():value:auto:sort(value(sum,descending))*0.25)+
(builtin:billing.apps.custom.sessionsWithoutReplayByApplication:filter(and(eq(Type,Billed))):splitBy():value:auto:sort(value(sum,descending))*0.25)+
(builtin:billing.apps.web.sessionsWithoutReplayByApplication:filter(and(eq(Type,Billed))):splitBy():value:auto:sort(value(sum,descending))*0.25)

WEB APP WITHOUT REPLY
(builtin:billing.apps.web.sessionsWithoutReplayByApplication:filter(and(eq(Type,Billed))):splitBy():value:auto:sort(value(sum,descending))*0.25)

WEB APP WITH REPLY
(builtin:billing.apps.web.sessionsWithReplayByApplication:filter(and(eq(Type,Billed))):splitBy():value:auto:sort(value(sum,descending)))

USER ACTIONS PROPERTIES WEB
(builtin:billing.apps.web.userActionPropertiesByApplication:splitBy():value:auto:sort(value(sum,descending))*0.01)

MOBILE APP WITHOUT REPLY
(builtin:billing.apps.mobile.sessionsWithoutReplayByApplication:filter(and(eq(Type,Billed))):splitBy():value:auto:sort(value(sum,descending))*0.25)

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

MOBILE APP WITH REPLY
(builtin:billing.apps.mobile.sessionsWithReplayByApplication:filter(and(eq(Type,Billed))):splitBy():value:auto:sort(value(sum,descending)))

USER ACTIONS PROPERTIES MOBILE
(builtin:billing.apps.mobile.userActionPropertiesByMobileApplication:splitBy():value:auto:sort(value(sum,descending))*0.01)

CUSTOM APP
(builtin:billing.apps.custom.sessionsWithoutReplayByApplication:filter(and(eq(Type,Billed))):splitBy():value:auto:sort(value(sum,descending))*0.25)

USER ACTIONS PROPERTIES CUSTOM
(builtin:billing.apps.custom.userActionPropertiesByDeviceApplication:splitBy():value:auto:sort(value(sum,descending))*0.01)

SYNTHETIC
(builtin:billing.synthetic.actions:splitBy():value:auto:sort(value(sum,descending)))+
(builtin:billing.synthetic.requests:splitBy():value:auto:sort(value(sum,descending))*0.1)

SYNTHETIC THIRD-PARTY
(builtin:billing.synthetic.external:splitBy():value:auto:sort(value(sum,descending))*0.1)

Ingrida
Mentor

Awesome @Mohamed_Hamdy ,

Thanks a lot for this. Spend hours today looking how to display DEM's consumption and create Warnings for it. Just maybe one remark:

after I copy+pasted your request I got no results (as some metrics in my environment are not collected), so I added :default(0) after each auto to fill up metrics

BR,

I.

Featured Posts