cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why a part of the recorded clickpath is alone set up as a synthetic monitor?

rs00478708
Participant

Hi Support,

I am recording a synthetic user clickpath for proactive monitoring. I see that though the click path is recorded and is able to be played back successfully, I am NOT able to see all the steps(actions) in the final monitor that is created based on the recording.

PS: I am still able to see all the steps in the monitoring recording settings(recorded clickpath).

Is there a way to manually include these steps to the actual monitor? Or else please explain why these steps are discarded.

Thanks,

Rangapriya

4 REPLIES 4

franz_soengen
Inactive

Hi Rangapriya,

the only synthetic events that are shown and measured in your Clickpath are these with some network activity resulting from them. So if you just put in your user name or do something else that doesn't trigger any network request, it won't be shown in the synthetic monitor overview as a synthetic action. These are also the only steps that are counted for billing purposes.

You can find further information about this in the documentation: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/monitor/synthetic/actions-consumed-by-a-browser-clickpath/

best regards
Franz

rs00478708
Participant

Hi Franz,

Thanks for the response. But could you please clarify if you mean the client side activites, where in the request doesnot go to the server NOT to be captured for replay? In my case the discarded clickpaths load a new page upon clicking few options on the existing page.

Please clarify.

Regards,

Rangapriya

Hi Rangapriya,

Dynatrace differentiates between synthetic events and synthetic actions.

What you define in the clickpath's settings are synthetic events (e.g. the initial page load, clicks on buttons, text input, ...).

But only if a synthetic event triggers a "page load, navigation event, or an XHR request" (from my link provided above) it becomes a synthetic action. Only these synthetic actions you see performance data for. So yes, this is determined from the client side.

Is your application maybe a single page app where a "new page" doesn't necessarily mean that network activity takes place? If an entire page load is triggered it should definitely create a synthetic action.

best regards
Franz

Thanks for the clarification Franz. It helps. Let me now check the activities happening on the application and verify.

Regards,

Rangapriya

Featured Posts