cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would the AppMon Data Pushed to Dynatrace Dashboard get stored after AppMon Agent in those Servers Migrate to OneAgent?

It is my understanding that currently for the migration from AppMon to Dynatrace, there is no way to preserve or view the historical data prior to migration.

Which is why I might propose to customer to start pushing the important metrics to Managed Server like...maybe half-year before the migration takes place, so that after migration happens, it wouldn't look that bad after all (or ya' know, gives them the .......'wrong perception' or there is historical preserved).

Anyway, my question are:

1. When the appmon agents in those servers are replace with OneAgent already, those data that I pushed since half-year ago would still be visible in Dynatrace Managed dashboard right? Just want to double confirm because migration is such a huge deal

2. Can AppMon Agent push data to both Managed and AppMon at the same time? or just can push data to either one? because if can only push to either one then it would means this plan of mine for customer actually doesn't work......

Best Regards,

Wai Keat

4 REPLIES 4

ChadTurner
Guru

Thats a good question. @Dave M. are you able to shed any light on this?

-Chad

You got me again. Why do you answer questions that are this old? This one is almost two years old.

clearing out the unanswered list so now we just have the most recent ones in there 🙂

-Chad

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Dashboards display metrics, which are stored in Cassandra and have a retention of "forever" with differing resolutions available as the data ages. So, yes, the data pushed from AppMon to Dynatrace should be available "forever". But it might be better to just export the historical AppMon data as a series of stored sessions with measures only. That way, you just need some file storage, an AppMon client, and some dashboards to access the historical data.