cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic web request in a managed zone

santruan
Participant

Hi guys, I hope you can help me with this question, is there a way to associate dynamic web request to a managed zone? 

5 REPLIES 5

DanielS
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @santruan maybe you can give us a broader picture of what you need. But in short, to your question, you can bind the service to an MZ, not the web request itself.

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I have three possibilities in mind:

- You create an MZ rule that assigns services that contain the required Dynamic Requests.

- When you have many requests in one service, you can built measure for a specific request. Then you configure a rule for it (Rule type (Dimensional data) > Type (METRIC)). (It consumes DDU)

- You can try to change service discovery settings to include appropriate Dynamic Requests. Then you assign the corrected service to MZ.

Have a nice day!

santruan
Participant

Hi @DanielS , thanks for your answer,  within the requests to public networks I have a service that has requests to different urls depending on the environment. I turned this service into a separate service and it is the urls of this service that I need to group into management zones by environment (poc, dev, qa) .

Linking the service to the Management zones shows me all the requests, what I need is to separate them by environment.

santruan_0-1678739589272.png

DanielS
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Thanks @santruan , crystal clear, as @radek_jasinski suggests in the third option you can use that approach to achieve your goal.

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Thanks @radek_jasinski @DanielS. I will try to apply the suggestions.

Featured Posts