Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

group URL's into categories hierarchy

gilgi
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi All,

We have a customer who's CDO asks for the following:

The site's URL structure has several levels, for example hostname/sectionName/CompanyID/Aspect. He wants to also have statistics per level. how many accesses where to each hostname, drill down to sectionNames included etc.

I now this could easily done when exporting to ELK for example but there is an objection to use and manage another tool.

Using URL naming will not work as it will change only for the last rule and we will loose all other levels.

Any creative ideas ?

Thanks,

Gil.

2 REPLIES 2

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

You can use request attributes to tag the requests with the different levels.

Then you can use them as a filter to get results for the different combinations.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

gilgi
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

@Patrick H. thanks. I was actually looking at that and request naming maybe as well, but can't seem to find the right and general rule to create them. I'm trying to understand how to work with the post processing option of splitting the resulting value based on a delimiter. While it seems to be (a hunch) an ideal and easy way, there are no examples/posts in the blog on how to use them.

Unfortunately I'm not a regex expert.

Maybe also @Michael K. can help ?

Thanks

Featured Posts