cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long does dynatrace keep process information for creating a custom service?

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello,

For a process that is not always running, I want to create a custom service. I can see the process when setting te correct time slot. But whent I try to create a custom services the process is not available any more, so:

- how long does dynatrace keep process information for creating a custom service?

Also I see some classes with the remark (Not instumentable)

-is this to protect the performance?

KR Henk

1 REPLY 1

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

AFAIK default retention times should apply (e.g. 72 hours) for the entity. After service/process/host is not seen by Dynatrace, it will be phased out.

Custom service is created within a process. So basically if the process itself is not seen by Dynatrace (or no data is send to this entity), it will be phased out. But the definition of the custom service will not. As long as the process appears, and service will be called, it will appear again.

Not instrumentable classes cannot be (as it says) instrumented for various reasons. A typical example is an interface or abstract class. They don't have the implementation, so no code hook can be performed. Typically you will need to add services to the classes implementing those interfaces.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts