cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migration from Appmon to Dynatrace managed

mguerrero
Inactive

Hello, anybody knows if there is a migration plan for a costumer that has appmon agent and wants to migrate to Dynatrace Managed, has already someone has done this with a costumer, and wich is migration ratio, example one appmon agent convert to 1 host agent (16 GB)

5 REPLIES 5

arihant_polavar
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Mauricio,

I am not sure you have the ability of converting AppMon agents to Dynatrace licenses unless it was explicitly stated during the purchase of AppMon agents.

Either way, I would recommend you reach out to your Sales Rep and he/she can point you in the right direction.

Thanks,

Ari

mguerrero
Inactive

Thanks Ari for your answer, my sales rep didnt know thats why i was asking if somebody has done something before.

Best regards

Freed
Dynatrace Participant
Dynatrace Participant

Hello, I was with a customer this morning, who is currently using AppMon and is keen to understand if there is a "migration plan" if not then why not?

hayden_miedema
Inactive

Hi Mauricio,

As Ari mentioned, this hasn't been done explicitly yet and should be worked on with the sales organization to see what can be done. There are now some processes for migration in the works. Licensing in Dynatrace is done much differently than in Appmon since the OneAgent functions differently. To give you a bit more info on the differences, though, Agent licenses are calculated via "host units":

As you can see, 1 license correlates to a host with 16 GB of RAM. This is done on the host level since the OneAgent is installed at the host.

HTH,

Hayden

Hi @Hayden M. Sorry to bother you. Does that mean that one appmon license equals to a host with 16 of ram?

Thanks in advance.