Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

separate Listeners process group

lazaroyadrian_p
Organizer

Hi,
we see that oracle's process oracle listeners are grouped into process groups

lazaroyadrian_p_1-1634302534107.png

In the Properties and tags section of the process there is no 'command line' parameter

lazaroyadrian_p_0-1634302403615.png

I would need these to be separated by parameter, so each worker process is represented in a single process group

lazaroyadrian_p_2-1634302867005.png

I tried this configuration on Process group detection and restart process, but it didn't work.
I see this note:" Process-group detection rules only affect processes that can be deep monitored by the Dynatrace OneAgent and have the following limitations"

lazaroyadrian_p_3-1634302937072.png

Full stack is not enabled on the server.

Do you have any suggestions?
Regards Lazaro

8 REPLIES 8

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Try to add something into the "in between from" field. Also, can you confirm if the "command line args" captured by Dynatrace is the same you are seeing on the host side?

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Hi Dannemca,
the command line parameter does not show up in the "properties and tags" section of the process. look at the image above

Regards Lazaro

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

I believe in this case you really want to use the declarative process grouping. It allows you to group (non-deep monitored) processes in a flexible way. 

The process group detection rules you have in your screenshot are for deep monitored processes (OneAgent injects code modules into application process).

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Hi Julius
would it work even if dynatrace does not show the command line in the properties and tags section of the process?

I'm not absolutely sure here, unfortunately... If the process does have the command line specified during startup, then it should be applicable.

I tried that, but it didn't work.
I saw that at startup it is the tnslsnr script that runs the process and then the parameters loaded by the listener.ora script

The command line parameters are detected at process startup only. If the process does any change in the parameters (basically by tampering the /proc filesystem on linux for example), you cannot detect that. 

I try it once, three years ago and it works. (i.e I able to split out process group by some JVM startup parameter that does exist but Dynatrace didn't capture these parameter in their properties)

Nowadays....not sure though, better Dynatrace folk come here to confirm, just to be safe

Featured Posts