cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service naming rules

JAR
Guide

Hello all.

it is possible to create a service name rule using a request attribute placeholder? 

Thanks in advanced

Jose A

7 REPLIES 7

rgarzon1
Mentor

Hi Jose

short answer: no

depending on the need you can define custom services, but it will depend on what you are looking for.

Unless from the process you create a service for each request changing this logic since the process is detected, I would think that it is feasible but not practical.

Service naming rules

Regards 

Ruben

fuelled by coffee and curiosity.

Hello Ruben.
My customer has defined alot of business applications under WAS (IBM websphere Applications Server). The problem is that Dynatrace does not detect that application name in any metadata with which to rename the services.

JAR_0-1665470533067.png

I had thought about capturing that field and using it in the renaming, but I don't know if it's possible either

If anyone has any ideas, they are welcome!

BR
JAR

Hi JAR,
I think that you could try adding metadata to the process or server and later use it to change the name of the service.
https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/process-group-properties#variables
https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/tagging-hostautotag#host-metadata

oh i see. if the process its a websphere well you have plenty of options. all of them inside  the process group detect and process group properties. 

you can use  process group standalone i remember use this to separated the cells inside the WAS using the command line args. and next use this to get proper names for my services some time ago.  maybe this helps too.

hope it helps

fuelled by coffee and curiosity.

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello,

I will open this discussion again.

Did you found the way to renaming a request using API based on Request Attributes.?

Sharing Knowledge

It's possible to rename a request based on request attribute (that's quite common), but not the service. 

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Yes sure, already done.

Sharing Knowledge

Featured Posts