cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to locate hostcustomproperties.conf in %PROGRAMDATA%\dynatrace\oneagent\agent\config

steven_marrocco
Participant

Currently working on a dynatrace managed POC where we will be deploying oneAgent on several workstations to monitor RPA processes. To keep things organized I want to apply unique tagging using the hostcustomproperties.conf file, preventing having to do things manually.

After reviewing this blog post I tried to locate the file in the %PROGRAMDATA% directories but could not find it.

Our OneAgents are on version 1.153.307.20181012-145950.

If someone could please help me locate the file or provide an example hostcustomproperties.conf for me to base my config on, i'd really appreacite it.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

If you're looking to apply tags you can use the file noted here instead of process proprties as referred to in that blog:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/monitor/hos...

And I haven't tried it and don't see docs yet specifically for it but based on the description in the blog post it looks like you should follow the same format key=value as for that tags config file.

James

steven_marrocco
Participant

Thanks James, appreciate it. That's exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. What you mean by key value you pair is (e.g,.) tag=WINDOWS_1

Correct, there's an example line in that doc page but it is basically space separated values where it can be either 'just' a tag (e.g. Prod) or a key value like the example you provided.