cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

volatile WebRequest

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I have an environment  where I have "volatile WebRequest"s. These are defined in the following link:
https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/transactions-and-services/purepath-distr...

I have also been informed in the past that the number of services exceeded the max number of services in a bucket and so moved the remained services to a volatile one.

In my case, it's an IIS app pool with some hundreds of services. Just wondering if someone has dealt with this issue in the past?

Antonio Sousa
2 REPLIES 2

luislira
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Antonio, if this is a Managed environment you can raise a support ticket to ask for an increase of the maximum number of services allowed per bucket, if it doesn't affect cluster performance.

volatile webRequests appear when more than the maximum number of services allowed are detected in an environment, this is mostly common when you have created a Service Detection API Rule that creates a lot of "new services". If this is the case, I would recommend to check:

• If you can make that Service Detection Rule a bit more restrictive, to prevent so many new services ,or
  • To check with Support if it's possible to increase the Bucket size for the maximum number of services allowed

Hopefully this helps as a starting point!

henk_stobbe_0-1652971198492.png

😀

Featured Posts