cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a custom SVG icon for Custom Plugins

r_weber
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

I want to add a custom SVG icon to my technology plugin. Currently this is not documented at the Plugin Reference page (the documentation seems a bit outdated/incomplete).

I know that the plugin metadata also supports the "favicon" attribute that would allow to specify a URL to a pixel-graphic (like png). This would then be used in the Technology view in the Dynatrace UI.

If one specifies a favicon like so:

Dynatrace would include that in it's Technologies page with an url:

In the case of jpeg/png this would work fine. But as this graphic is scaled on various pages it looks ugly.

For built-in Technologies Dynatrace uses SVG graphics.

How can one also use scalable SVG graphics in own plugins? I haven't found any documentation on that.

Certified Dynatrace Master, Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net
3 REPLIES 3

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

I ran into the same situation and I could not get it working either. I ended up with a large-enough png that scales up correctly.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi,

You're currently limited in the image formats that you can use as a favicon. Please create an RFE as it makes perfect sense to improve it and include it in the new extensions framework currently under development.

The favicon concept is documented on the extension json explained page: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/extend-dynatrace/extensions/reference/json-reference/extensio...

Mike

Mike

r_weber
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Ha, the documentation is ahead of the plugin reference! Thanks!

For the RFE, will create it!

Certified Dynatrace Master, Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Featured Posts