Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension 2.0 debug logs

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi Folks,

Where can we find the extension 2.0 modules debug logs?

I have just tested the filesystem monotoring extension but I could not find the related logs.

Maybe I was wrong but I have not found it on the ActiveGate remoteplugin directories... Should I search them elsewhere? For example, on the cluster nodes?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Mizső

Certified Dynatrace Professional
9 REPLIES 9

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

Have you check it here?

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Hi @AntonPineiro,

Thanks, yes of course, it was my first step ... but I have only checked one env. AG. Maybe I should check the other ones.

In case of extension 1.0 I always install the extension to only one env. AG, but in case of extesnion 2.0 I do not know the install process when I add an extension to an environment. Is the extension istalled on each and every env. AG? It is not clear for me. I am going to check the rest of env. AG servers.

Best regards,

Mizső     

Hi,

I had installed Extension 2.0 some time ago, following manual process, and yes. Normally you select in which group Activegates extension is going to be executed.

Best regards

@Mizső,

With v2, you don't have to deploy it on any AGs. It will be automatically activated in the AG group you define. Another big win when compared with v1 extensions, is that it runs on all AGs of a group, so you have much more reliability!

Antonio Sousa

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @Mizső 

As far as I remember you can find the logs of extension v2  under ProgramData\dynatrace\remotepluginmodule\log\extensions\

Another advantage of extensions v2 is that the logs are shown in Logs and events 

Yosi_Neuman_0-1680414235871.png

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @AntonioSousa and @Yosi_Neuman,

Thanks for your replies. Now it is much clear to me. 

I think the filesystem monitoring extension is a OneAgent extension because there is no possibility to choose an AG group, just host, hostgoup, MZ, or ENV.

Mizs_1-1680506444015.png

And there are limited logs that can be found in Log Viewer, almost nothing about the operation of the extension just the extension registration (however debug log level was set):

Mizs_2-1680506604587.png

I have checked another extension also which has two options OneAgent or AG extension. 

local OneAgent similar to the filesystem extension

Mizs_3-1680506781267.png

or remote AG extension:

Mizs_5-1680506959658.png

I guess regarding the filesystem extension I have to search the debug log on the monitored host instead of AGs. 

What do you think? Am I right?

Best regards,

Mizső

Yep @Mizső IMO you are right, look at the host under ProgramData\dynatrace\oneagent\log\extensions directory for OA extensions logs

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Hi,

Agree with @Yosi_Neuman.

Maybe it might be a product idea in relation to improve OneAgent.

Best regards

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@Mizső,

Sorry for not noticing the details. In fact, it is a OneAgent extension, as described in the Hub:

AntonioSousa_0-1680509493475.png

It works quite well, and we are using it in a client 😊

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts