cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM DB2 metrics from HADR

borgesm
Contributor

Hello team!

I am exploring DB2 extension, but couldn't find metrics about HADR.
This is one interesting Alerting used to our legacy monitoring to check HADR State to ensure they are in PEER State, then if not generates an Alert.

This is currently feasible on Dynatrace?

Any way to get Metric information from servers with HADR enabled?

Thanks, Mauricio

9 REPLIES 9

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

Welcome everyone!

Does anyone have some tips on this thread? All help is really appreciated! 

Ben_Knust
Visitor

Hi borgesm,

have you found a solution for the problem to monitor PEER State of HADR with Dyntrace ?

Would be interested to hear about it.

Thanks,

Ben

borgesm
Contributor

Not I am aware of. However I hope Dynatrace Support team can look on it and give us some response!
There are many features that DB2 Extension could be improved!
Below some tips that Extension could add (  metrics to be collected ) by default if enabled.
https://ibm.github.io/db2-hadr-wiki/hadrMonitoring.html#db2pd__hadr

Thanks ! I found this page also yesterday and had a look at it. I also saw your Idea request for Dynatrace and left a like. If there is any other way to support your Idea please tell me and I will also leave some likes / comments there 🙂

I will raise the topic also in our Teams.

vagiz_duseev
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi borgesm,

Indeed, those metrics could be added to the existing DB2 extension for ActiveGate. According to the official docs, we can retrieve them from the MON_GET_HADR table functions.
However, I wouldn't expect them anytime soon. Alternatively, you can always reach out to extension@dynatrace.com team to implement that as a custom addition to the existing plugin.

Hope that this information helps!

Hi @vagiz_duseev , good day. How can we request this to extension team? Just dropping them an email, or a ticket need to be open on https://one.dynatrace.com/hc/en-us/requests, or just here on Community as a RFE, as done here

Thanks.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

The extensions team is a paid services that will charge the creation of the functionality by the day. If that's not what you're looking for you can always create an RFE on the community and wait for it to be picked up.

Mike

Oh , got it now. Thanks @Mike_L 

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Featured Posts