cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM MQ extension for OneAgent validation and log path

hpallares
Observer

I Configure the IBM MQ extension for OneAgent  according to the documentation

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/technology-support/dynatrace-extensions/dynatrace-extension-r... 

However I do not see information about the queues or any error message in the extensions section, also verify that in the path: var / log / dynatrace / oneagent / extensions there is no log file. Could you advise me how to validate that this extension is working correctly or incorrectly?

After configurate the extension I restarted the Dynatrace OneAgent

I am interested to know if the extension was installed correctly or if it works well or badly regardless of its configuration. Or in which section of Dynatrace can I see the extension metrics working in case the configuration is correct?

I will thank you for any comments

3 REPLIES 3

Michal_Gebacki
Community Team
Community Team

Hi all, does anyone have some ideas on tips on this subject? Big thanks in advance for any feedback!

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

That extension was designed and built by @diego_morales. He'd be the best resource to help 🙂

Mike

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

What is the extension version you are using currently? Please note that the MQ Extension was affected by log4j vulnerability, so make sure to run the most current version:
https://www.dynatrace.com/news/security-alert/log4shell-log4j-vulnerability/

• IBM MQ ActiveGate Extension
    • Affected versions: 2.020.3 – 2.020.9
    • Updated versions: >=2.020.10

I do have few AG running this extension. Do confirm if you can see the extension processes running on your AG, searching for the connector.jar, you should see at least one process by configured instance.

The logs should be on this dir: 

/var/log/dynatrace/supportarchive/remotepluginmodule/log/remoteplugin/custom.remote.python.ibmmq_java

On Dynatrace UI, you can see the endpoint status on "Settings -> Monitoring -> Monitored technologies -> IBM Message Queue Java".

Captura de Tela 2022-01-11 às 09.30.43.png

On the button "Monitored Process", you will see the MQ processes list, including the ones collected by the default OneAgents. For find out only the ones from the Extension, just check on the "Custom Devices" page.
Regards

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Featured Posts