cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join metrics from an extension to an agent-monitored host

Jorge3229
Participant

Hello, good afternoon, I would like to know if it is possible to combine data from the Unix remote Monitoring extension with the information of a host monitored with an agent.

That is to say, I have a monitored Solaris host but it only has User experience metrics and through the extension we obtain infrastructure data and I would like to join the infrastructure data to see it on the host page

It's possible?

3 REPLIES 3

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi, what user experience metrics do you have on the Solaris host? Is there an entity for that with the IP or so of the Solaris host?

It is possible to relate two entities through generic topology based on a common property, such as IP.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I have successfully added my own custom metric in custom MicrosoftSQL Server Extension as follow:

rudy_h_0-1718971134350.jpeg

I did it by editing extension.yaml file.

How can I add my custom metric in the host page? Which file should I edit?

Best Regards,

Rudy

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

That’s also in the extensions.yaml file. You can pass along the dt.entity.host dimension with the metric line and then use unified analysis injections onto the host screen to see it there.

Or you can create a new entity from the metric line which has an attribute in common with the host, create a relationship based on that mapping and then do an injection into the host screen based on an entity selector.

Mike

Featured Posts