Currently we are using AppMon 6.5 and we are using dynatrace SaaS.
We want to check the feasibility if dynatrace SaaS/Managed
1) Can retrieve String Values from JMX Metrics (Ex, Weblogic Health State)
2) Capture POST Request Body (JSON/XML) without creating any custom sensor for the specific method.
3) Compute two different JMX metrics value ( 1 JMX Value > 2 JMX Value or 1 JMX Value > (2 JMX Value *.80)
Point 1 & 3 are not possible currently with AppMon so we are trying to see if dynatrace SaaS and Managed can support.
Actually I think answer to all three questions is no.
I have been able to retrieve numerical metrics from Tomcat without any problems. You just need to know the correct MBean domain and properties. You can find all the values for example using jconsole (part of JDK).
For examples just look at https://github.com/dynatrace-innovationlab/JMX-Extensions
Thanks for your quick response.
1) Yes, We do know all the possible values that we can get as a response from the respective Mbean but they contain special characters (Underscore "_"). Will the statetimeseries value type help here ?
Example : Health state value from Weblogic - https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E68505_01/wls/WLAPI/web...
2) This is how we capture currently now in appMon by creating a custom sensor on the method argument or return value. So do we have any enhancement planned for dynatrace SaaS/Managed. As you can see from the AppMon forum this enhancement is outstanding for long time.
3) Thanks for the response.
This seems to be an old thread but I'll give it a try.
We have the same requirement to get the string value from a JMX (for a Weblogic as well). I read all the threads mentionned above but did not see any cues to a working answer. I also tried the "statetimeseries" but it does not seem to apply to JMX extensions.
Has anyone been able to do this ? If so, any hint for us would be appreciated.