cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push process details to the Dynatrace agent

abilashinith
Participant

Using the python OneAgent plugin, we basically pull the details from a process. I want to know whether is it possible to push details to the agent from a process/service in Dynatrace?

5 REPLIES 5

nj_njoku
Inactive

Hi Abilashini,

Can you elaborate on the kind of details you are looking to push to the agent? if you are referring to meta data about your process and will like to push that to the agent as properties, see the blogpost below

https://www.dynatrace.com/news/blog/define-process-group-properties-via-environment-variables-kubern...

Hope This Helps

NJ

abilashinith
Participant

Hi NJ,

Thanks for the reply. I thought of pushing the custom metric values of a process. Are there any ways to do so?

I think it would help if you provided an example of what you're looking to do.

nj_njoku
Inactive

Hi Abilashini,

To do this, you will probably have to write your own OneAgent Plugin (custom Python plugin) to feed these custom metrics to your monitored process. Please see the links below on how to do this.

How do I create a Python custom plugin?

How to write your first OneAgent plugin

Hope This Helps

NJ

abilashinith
Participant

Hi NJ,

I have already gone through these docs. It says that the plugin collects the data and send to Dynatrace Server. So the plugin polls the process repeatedly and gets the information. But what I expect is, process itself sending the data to the plugin within a time period or whenever an event occurs.

Hope you understand my point now

Thanks,

Abi

Featured Posts