cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query not working in custom DB query ActiveGate extension

sivart_89
Advisor

Our team is starting to do a POC on the Custom DB Query extension. I was told that if you could execute the query manually in something such as Toad then the extension should accept it as a valid query. However, that does not seem to be the case. I continue to get a 'ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended' and have taken the same query I am using in the endpoint config (with same account) and executing in Toad and it works fine.

I have been able to get this extension to work with a different endpoint using a very basic query and on a different db.

Anyone face this issue? Or shall I send to the extensions team? Our extension version is 3.2.2

3 REPLIES 3

david_lopes
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

I am not sure how Toad works under the cover, but that error does seem to indicate that this query is not a valid SELECT statement. The extension is using a simple JDBC client to run the query with the executeQuery method.

Could you share the query string here for me to test?

If you don't want to share the query string here, please send it to extensions@dynatrace.com

Thanks @david_lopes I have sent the query to the extensions email.

@david_lopes quick update. I failed to remove the ; which I'm in the habit of using to terminate the query. Removing it fixed the issue. I then found out that null values are not accepted so I'm working with the app team to see if they can give me a query that will show a 0 rather than null

Featured Posts