cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data explorer scope

JGannon
Guide

When doing a query in data explorer, I have a list of 15 applications. I want to know if I don't specify a split, does the query automatically include ALL applications? It's not clear to me what the default query would be. 

IN query builder it says:

builtin:apps.web.bouncedSessionRatio:splitBy():sort(value(auto,descending)):limit(100)

I know there is a way to split by apps, or for a specific application. 

2 REPLIES 2

DenisL
Dynatrace Enthusiast
Dynatrace Enthusiast

That seems about correct!
As you have it, If you do not specify the 'split by' it will reflect the bounce rate of all applications (builtin:apps.web.bouncedSessionRatio:splitBy():sort(value(auto,descending)):limit(100))
will show like this.. which then if you want to, you could hover your mouse over and will see the option to open ALL your applications: 

DenisL_0-1662064092165.png

As for the answer, I believe what you are looking for, in this case, you could add in your query to split by: "dt.entity.application"  >> the full query would be: builtin:apps.web.bouncedSessionRatio:splitBy("dt.entity.application"):sort(value(auto,descending)):limit(100)

Which would give you a result like this:

DenisL_1-1662064422692.png

Now, the easier way, would be just to simply use the "BUILD" option we provide you and set the split by from the options given for that specific metric (apps.web.bouncedSessionRatio).. on this case,  you will see: Web applications, Users and Users Type

DenisL_2-1662064641138.png

See results:

DenisL_3-1662064761622.png

If you would like to view the code, just simply click on the Code tab
I hope this helps you!

JGannon
Guide

Thanks so much for the info and details. I greatly appreciate the quick response

Featured Posts